To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Barracuda SSL VPN you will need to create a key pair for your server the public key and private key. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. The CSR public key you will give to a Certificate Authority (CA) for signing and the private key will remain hidden on the Barracuda SSL VPN system where the CSR request is made.
With Barracuda SSL VPN you will first create your own keypair, and then extract your CSR from it in order to give your your Certificate Authority (CA) for enrollment of a SSL certificate.
To generate a CSR for Barracuda SSL VPN perform the following.
Step 1: Generating your CSR:
- Log into your Barracuda SSL VPN.
- In the Barracuda interface click Basic.
- Click SSL Certificate.
- Under the SSL Certificate Configuration section, in the Certificate Type drop down menu, select Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA).
- In the Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) section click Edit Data.
- Under the CSR Generation Windows Specify the following information as it applies to you.
- Common Name – The fully-qualified domain name for which you plan to use your certificate. For example – www.yourdomain.com or domain.com
- Country Code (2 Characters) – The two-letter format country code for the country in which your organization is legally registered. Both letters Capitalized.
- State or Province – Name of state or province where your organization is located. Do not abbreviate. Enter the full name.
- Locality (City) – Name of the city in which your organization is registered/located. Do not abbreviate. Enter the full name of the city.
- Organization (Company) Name – The full legal name of your organization. The listed organization must be the legal registrant of the domain name in the certificate request.
- Organizational (Department) Unit – Name of a business unit or group. If applicable, you may enter the DBA (doing business as) name in this field.
- Key Size – From the drop down list select 2048 bits.
- Expires In – Ignore. use default.
- After specifying the required information click Save Changes.
- Back in the Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) section click Download CSR.
- Copy your CSR and include the — begin— end—- header and footer and paste it into a note pad for safe keep. You will be required to paste this CSR into the enrollment portal when purchasing an SSL certificate.
- Back under Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) click Download Key.
Copy and past this code into a notepad file include the — begin— end—- header and footer and paste it into a note pad for safe keep. You may need this private key for SSL installation after your certificate has been issued.
Congrats yo have generated your CSR for Barracuda
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Acmetek recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or the organization that supports it.
For more information contact Barracuda.
For Barracuda SSL VPN SSL installation instructions click Here.Add to favorites