Sometimes depending on the circumstances an organization may want to change, delete, or add a SAN to an existing certificate. Doing so will require the following for the SSL certificate in question.
- Generation of a New CSR for the SSL certificate in question.
- Common Name or Order ID.
- Organizational or Technical Contact’s e-mail address associated with the SSL order.
To manage your SSL Order perform the following:
- Click on the below link to manage the Certificate.
The link will open a Symantec Order Specific Page, where you will be asked to enter the following for security purposes.
- Order ID or the Common Name for the order.
- Email address (organization or technical).
- Image number.
- Click Continue.
- Click Request Access against the correct order ID.
An e-mail will be sent to the Organizational or Technical Contact’s e-mail address that was specified.
- Click on the link listed in the e-mail to access the User Portal.
- On the left hand column click Replace Certificate or Reissue Certificate to initiate the replacement wizard.
Note: Do NOT click Revoke certificate.
- On the following screen select your Hashing Algorithm, then copy and paste the new CSR.
Note: If the SSL certificate that is being replaced contains Subject Alternative Names (SANs), you will need to select one of the following Redeem options:
- Edit & Add Additional Domains
- Edit & Delete Additional Domains
- Reissue without changing the values of the Additional Domains
- Accept the Subscriber Agreement, click Submit
- After the order is processed and approved, the SSL certificate will be re-issued and sent to the Technical Contact’s email address listed on the order.
Note: Any changes for Common Name during a replacement will require manual approval which may delay the issuance of the replacement order
Also on the order information page you can perform the following, if applicable to the product:
- View the authentication status of the order.
- View comments published by our support team.
- Pick up your certificate in pkcs#7 and X509/pem format (including the intermediate cert if applicable).
- View the certificate details.
- View the order details.
- Replace the certificate.
- Revoke the certificate.
- Resend order emails.
- Get access to the Seal options (If applicable).
- View the malware scan results and details (If applicable).
- Manage Vulnerability Assessment Preferences (If applicable).
SSLSupportDesk is part of Acmetek who is a Symantec Website Security Solutions Authorized Distributor and a Platinum Partner. Acmetek offers all 4 Brands of SSL Certificates: Symantec, Thawte, GeoTrust and RapidSSL. Offering Norton Shopping Guarantee that inspires trust and increases online sales with a 20x ROI Guarantee.
Contact an SSL Specialist to buy your SSL Certificates from Acmetek, a Symantec Strategic/Platinum Distributor.
Become a Partner and create additional revenue stream while the heavy lifting for you.