Preventing malware on your Web site is easier than you might think. As an added feature to your Trust Services; Symantec will offer a non-invasive, daily malware scan of public-facing web pages. Sites that pass the scan will display the Symantec Trust Seal. Frequent web site malware scanning could provide you as a site owner early warning of a problem before your web site are blacklisted by search engines. In addition; following best practices for prevention and using the resources that you already have, you can significantly lessen the chances of having malware on your Web site.
The Symantec Malware Scan comes with all Symantec SSL Certificates, and Symantec Safe Site products.
What to expect after the Symantec SSL Certificate or Symantec Norton Safe web has been issued:
- It will take up to 24 hours for the Malware scan to ping the website and perform its scan.
- If no malware is found then the Norton Secured Seal will then display along with Seal-In-Search functionality.
Note: The Seal script has to be installed on the website in order to display after Malware has passed.
- The site must be externally accessible for scanning if not then Seal Services will be turned off after 48 hours.
- Either your hosting provider or internal organizations could be blocking the types of scans and tests that the Malware service performs.
- The Malware Scan IP’s or host names that their are derived from will not be given out under any circumstances due to security.
- The Malware scan is performed Automatically every 24 hours. If any Malware is found the Norton Secured Seal will be turned off and a email sent to the corporate/technical contacts on the order regarding instructions on how to log into their Symantec User Portal and review the scanning results.
- If Malware was found and removed the corporate/technical contact can initiate a new scan to take place in their Symantec User Portal . If the results are negative the Norton Secured Seal will then be turned on again on the website.
What are remediation referrals?
- Symantec does not take part in resolving the vulnerabilities found but they have a recommended list of industry leaders who can work with you to eliminate your vulnerabilities and help keep your site and network running optimally. These referrals range from consultants to software vendors, all of whom specialize in vulnerability remediation. To see the remediation referral list, refer to INFO1746.
SSLSupportDesk is part of Acmetek who is a Symantec Website Security Solutions Authorized Distributor and a Platinum Partner. Acmetek offers all 4 Brands of SSL Certificates, Symantec,Thawte, GeoTrust and RapidSSL.Offering Norton Shopping Guarantee that inspires trust and increases online sales with a 20x ROI Guarantee.
Contact an SSL Specialist to buy your SSL Certificates from Acmetek, a Symantec Strategic/Platinum Distributor.
Become a Partner and create additional revenue stream while the heavy lifting for you.Add to favorites