To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Server 2012 – IIS 8 & 8.5 you will need to create a key pair for your server the public key and private key. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. On Windows type systems PFX/PKCS12 requests are made, and are stored on the system. The private key will remain hidden on the windows system where the CSR request is made.
To generate a CSR on Windows Server 2012 – IIS 8 & 8.5 perform the following.
Step 1: Generating your CSR:
- Choose Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the IIS Manager on the left, select your server name.
- In the Features pane (the middle pane), double-click the Server Certificates option located under the Security heading.
- Click Create Certificate Request.
- Specify the require information for each field.
- Common Name: The Fully Qualified Domain Name that the certificate will be issued to and secure. for example www.yourdomain.com or if you are enrolling for a wildcard certficaite *.yourdomain.com
- Organisation: The Registered Organisational Name the certificate belongs to.
- Organisational Unit: The Department within the Organisation.
- City/locality: The Business registered location (not the actual server location).
- State/province: The Business registered state or province (Do not abbreviate).
- Country/region: The two letter ISO country code.
- Click Next.
- Under Cryptographic service Provide. leave at default, Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider.
- From the Bit Length drop down select 2048.
- Select Next.
- Click the box with the 3 periods.
- Specify a file name for the certificate request to a location and directory of your choosing.
- Click Finish.
Your CSR request has been created from your Server 2012 – IIS 8 & 8.5 system and is ready for you to copy and paste its contents into the enrollment portal.
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Acmetek recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or the organization that supports it.
For more information refer to Microsoft
For Windows Server 2012 – IIS 8 & 8.5 Installation Instructions click Here.
SSLSupportDesk is part of Acmetek who is a Symantec Website Security Solutions Authorized Distributor and a Platinum Partner. Acmetek offers all 4 Brands of SSL Certificates,Symantec,Thawte, GeoTrust and RapidSSL.Offering Norton Shopping Guarantee that inspires trust and increases online sales with a 20x ROI Guarantee.
Contact an SSL Specialist to buy your SSL Certificates from Acmetek, a Symantec Strategic/Platinum Distributor.
Become a Partner and create additional revenue stream while the heavy lifting for you.